Sunday, December 27, 2009

Did you have a gluten-free Christmas??

I believe that for the first time in my 44 years on the planet, I did enjoy a gluten-free Christmas. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I do have the advantage of having a loving in-law family that went out of their way to make sure those of us who can't eat gluten had plenty to eat. I am sure I gained the required poundage over Christmas, even without eating all of those yummy Christmas desserts full of gluten!

I found it harder to avoid dairy products than I did to avoid gluten products. Luckily I can take a lactose digestion aide if I think I have had any dairy. I did not think I had a dairy problem but discovered -- oh joy! -- that I feel like I do after eating gluten, which is generally terrible. I do know that researchers are working on a digestion aide that we might be able to take in the future that will work on gluten the same way the dairy-free pills work on lactose.

I hope you did not get glutined over the holidays! I hope you felt what I felt which is a general sense of well-being and no gluten hangovers.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment