Friday, February 19, 2010

Can the Weight Loss Continue?

Three bellpeppers (Capsicum annuum) from three...Image via Wikipedia
As you may have read here yesterday, I lost 8 pounds in ONE DAY. I did it (I think) by using commando eating tactics to nearly guarantee I was not ingesting any gluten, dairy (casein) or corn. I am going with the theory that one of my not fun reactions to ingesting any of those items makes me bloat up and feel fatigued and some might even say grouchy. I am trying to get to an ungrouchy and thin state of being, or least get to a non-bloated state of being.

I have to say that my energy is OUTSTANDING today! I feel healthy! The scary thing is that who knows how long that feeling will last since it seems that I have a pattern of gaining energy and then losing it all too quickly. I also wonder how long I can continue to be this disciplined with such a strict diet. I will never knowingly consume the foods that I know I have an allergy to but I do have some yummy gluten free treats in the pantry that are calling my name!

I did not lose another pound overnight, but I don't see the need to get greedy. :-) I also didn't gain any weight. I did add in a few brown rice crackers and a brown rice protein bar last night. I am now starting to wonder if anything like rice or potatoes will cause me to swell up?

Don't worry, I won't bore you with telling you what I eat every day but so many of you have asked and I am on a quest to figure out once and for all what is making me feel so bloated and if it helps you on your path to healthyville, I am happy to share this struggle.



Here is what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast
  • big Red Delicious apple
  • almonds
Snack
  • gluten-free deli turkey
  • black olives
  • almonds
Lunch
  • Chicken Stir fry with onions, green peppers, water chestnuts, and pineapple. YUM!
Snack
  • applesauce
  • gluten free deli turkey
  • almonds
Dinner
  • big Red Delicious Apple
  • almond butter and brown rice crackers
Snack
  • Pure organic Wild Blueberry bar
  • ginger tea

No comments:

Post a Comment